What is Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is a field of computer science that makes machine seem like they have human intelligence the goal of AI is to mimic the human brain and create systems that can function intelligently and independently. We can categorize AI in several ways, including:
- The technologies enabling human characteristics to be mimicked.
- The real-world applications of the system.
- Theory of Mind.
Artificial Intelligence revolution
AI is a boon that can help optimize any job this means that as always it’s not AI versus humans rather it is a combination of humans and AI versus the actual problem statement so what are you waiting for pull up your socks and get ready to be a part of this AI revolution.
However, Artificial intelligence is referred to as AI in the media, there are different types of AI out there.
So, what are the differences between each of the three AI types?
Artificial Narrow Intelligence
ANI is also referred to as Narrow AI or Weak AI. This type of artificial intelligence is one that focuses primarily on one single narrow task with a limited range of abilities.
If you think of an example of AI that exists in our lives right now, it is ANI. This is the only type out of the three that is currently around. This includes all kinds of Natural Language or Siri.
There are many examples of narrow AI like Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and Cortana.
Advantages of ANI
- ANI provides the facility of Self-driving cars
- Facial recognition tools that tag you in pictures is also the wonder of ANI.
- Customer service bots that redirect inquiries on a webpage
- Google’s page-ranking technology that determines which websites appear at the top of the search engine
- Recommendation systems showing items that could be useful additions to your shopping cart based on browsing history
- Spam filters that keep your inbox clean through automated sorting
Today, many companies are investing in and implementing ANI to improve efficiency, cut costs so, ANI has serious limitations.
Disadvantages of ANI
- ANI needs a large amount of high-quality data to yield accurate results, and not all environments meet these data requirements.
- The learning curve to institutionalize AI properly can be steep. Companies have to set up and train their staff on new processes and technologies.
- If a task changes, the effectiveness of an ANI system decreases since it is programmed for a specific purpose.
- Sometimes, replacing humans with rules-based machines leads to greater frustration and lowers customer satisfaction. For example: In the hospitality industry, where guests value personalized service and human interaction.
As we address these problems and open up new opportunities for AI, we are moving toward a new world that of general artificial intelligence.
Artificial General Intelligence
AGI technology would be on the level of a human mind. Due to this fact, it will probably be some time before we truly grasp AGI, as we still don’t know all there is to know about the human brain itself.
At least, AGI would be able to think on the same level as a human much like Sonny the robot in I-Robot featuring Will Smith.
Wonders of AGI
In theory, artificial general intelligence could carry out any task a human could perform and likely many that a human couldn’t.
An AGI would be able to combine human-like, flexible thinking and reasoning with computational advantages such as near-instant recall and split-second number crunching.
Could AGI can take over human Intelligence?
Yes, It will not have only such intelligence that has the same general capabilities as a human being, it would be better than human beings because it takes advantages that computers have over humans today.
Artificial Super Intelligence
ASI refers to AI technology that will match and then overcome the human mind. The ASI technology would have to be more capable than a human in every single way possible. Not only could these AI things carry out tasks, but they would even be capable of having emotions and relationships. Isn’t scary?
Artificial super-intelligence is a step further from AGI where artificial intelligence exceeds human capabilities to operate at a genius level.
ASI is still hypothetical, there are no real limits to what ASI could accomplish, from building nanotechnology to producing objects to preventing ageing.
We still have a long way to go before AGI and ASI, AI is moving quickly, with new discoveries and milestones emerging all the time. Relative to human intelligence, AI holds promise for being able to multitask, perfectly recall and memorize information, make calculations at record speed, sift through lengthy records and documents, and make unbiased decisions.